[celestialprime] Re: Alliance Agreement between CPA & FKA

  • From: IsaRevived@xxxxxxx
  • To: celestialprimealliance@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 16:28:10 EDT

Just speaking from personal experience with both  groups I would highly
recommend the agreement as it appears to contain many  advantages, looks as
though
it would satisfy both sides, and from the look of it  has no disadvantages.

    In the past I have belonged to a number of other  Sim organizations and
one of the chief complaints I ran into was if I  mentioned one of the "others"
e.g. mentioning FKA in conversations with members  of TESA and the like. I
think that lowering the barriers encourages outreach  towards other people,
socialization and just plain old having fun, which is what  simming is about to
begin with.

    A couple of years ago, while the FKA's Golden Eagle  was still running
(my e-mail Sim and predecessor to Osprey), there were about 5  of us who, due
our also being members of Chip's RES Raptor, which had  moved from FKA to
CPA, had become CPA members as well. Additionally, about half  a dozen of our
friends who had started out here at CPA also signed up for GE and  when this
happened the log-writing began in earnest. FKA didn't have anything  like the
Muse
competition but I encouraged people to write and began a policy of  making a
Log of the Month (with 2 runner-ups as Honorable Mention) award for the  GE.

    One day in March 2004 we had the largest single  concentration of e-mails
in the ship's history; over 100 mails posted to the  string and about 33 or
so of them were logs. The FKA Council was stunned. A  couple of times
afterwards we came close to that many logs in a single 24-hour  period. And
some of
these were among the best logs I've ever seen. We could've  given you guys a
run
for your money had we had this sort of alliance agreement  back then!  :-D

    Eric