[cedarfirememorialsteeringgroup] Re: FW: Emailing:Lakeside monument quarr...

  • From: ScoopMcMillen@xxxxxxx
  • To: cedarfirememorialsteeringgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 21:11:13 -0500 (EST)

When the County Administration Building was getting ready to celebrate
their 50the anniversary a few years ago they asked folks for some items to put
in the tower. Lakeside Historical Society made up a large photo board showing
the Guardian of Waters statue rock being hauled out of the the Lakeside
quarry, how it looked "before" and how it looked "after"  Dianne Jacob was
surprised with our gift.

Also our own member , Ralph Anderson founder  Anderson Drilling, had worked
on the County Administration building as a WPA project during the
depression, he was the only one at the big event that had actually worked on
the
building's construction. We were very proud.   Betty  PS  Lakeside's Got History