[cedarfirememorialsteeringgroup] Re: FW: Re: FW: Emailing:Lakeside monume...

  • From: ScoopMcMillen@xxxxxxx
  • To: cedarfirememorialsteeringgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 21:00:44 -0500 (EST)

That would be so cool if we could use some rocks left from a local quarry.
If you remember, Edna Kouns house on Wintergardens was built from left over
granite stones that were not considered to be good quality granite at the
time. She is 99 years old now and her hubby worked at the quarry and brought
home the rejects. They built their house, I think in the 1920s.or 30s. We
don't have very many rock houses in Lakeside nowadays. Maybe folks could
donate rocks for our project, a community working together. Betty