[cdvdburn] Re: Data CD written but something not right

  • From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:44:30 +0100

In message <4e2e237554rkp@xxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Partridge <rkp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <ada1152d4e.MThompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I created the disc in the correct way, following the manual, and an
>> image was created, this was then burned to the CD-R and I thought
>> all was successful, however upon trying to open the filer on this
>> CD - I get an error message saying "Cannot read audio discs" and
>> then the CD filer opens with all the directories and files I put
>> in it,  however even more weird is that out the 5 directories on
>> this CD - 4 of them give the same error "Cannot read audio discs"
>> when I try to open the directory, yet 1 of them works perfectly
>> and behaves correctly.

> Have you checked your newly-burnt CD-R again after resetting the
> computer? I've sometimes found that CDFS or CDROMFS go wrong after CD
> Burn has been used, but the CD is in fact fine.

Certainly have tried that, and also gave it a test in the Risc PC and
the result was the same, there a few directorys on the CD a backup of
!Boot  then 3 other standard directories, one of these standard
directories works 100% fine at should do but the others give the error
"Cannot read audio discs" which is all a bit peculiar as if it had
been 'burnt' incorrectly surelyt the whole lot shouldn't work not
parts of it ? maybe it was a duff CD or too many files, and I was just
unlucky this time, I am going to try and with less files, see what
happens. Maybe it is the drive? but audio CD creation never gives any
problems ever.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

regards
Matthew