[cdvdburn] Data CD written but something not right

  • From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 14:20:14 +0100

Hi.

I have created data CD using !CDVDburn and I thought had worked
correctly but it's not quite right.

I created the disc in the correct way, following the manual, and an
image was created, this was then burned to the CD-R and I thought all
was successful, however upon trying to open the filer on this CD - I
get an error message saying "Cannot read audio discs" and then the CD
filer opens with all the directories and files I put in it,  however
even more weird is that out the 5 directories on this CD - 4 of them
give the same error "Cannot read audio discs" when I try to open the
directory, yet 1 of them works perfectly and behaves correctly.

Does anyone know what I could have done wrong here ? I never have
problems creating audio cds and I have created data discs before on my
Risc PC with CDburn using the same method.

I would try again with another blank disc but I might end up with the
same result so not much point trying without actually knowing what
happened and how to fix it.

My setup is Iyonix/CDVDburn latest version the CD drive is the one
supplied with the Iyonix and the CD-R is TDK.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated then I can carry out this hard
disc back up - something that I need to do.

cheers
Matthew

--

 Message sent from an IYONIX www.iyonix.com