[cas_announce] Upcoming CAS Stagazes

  • From: Craig Niemi <craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Announce CAS_ <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 10:23:02 -0700 (PDT)

Let's hope April showers bring May flowers, and better yet, clear skies.
CAS members, family and friends are invited to our upcoming Centennial
Stargazes.
May 7th Jewels of the Night Sky 8:30pm   A look at what many consider the
prettiest objects in the night sky, Globular Clusters. CAS President Terry
Endres will start the evening with a short presentations and then we'll hit the
scopes.

Prior to the program the CAS Outreach Planning Committee will meet at 6:00pm to
plan events for the 2nd half of 2011 and start making plans for 2012. All
members are encouraged to participate in the planning and hosting of the
Society's events.
If you can attend the meeting, or otherwise want to participate in our public
stargazes and outreach events please drop me a note. craig_niemI@xxxxxxxxx

And mark you calendar for a dual event!

June 11th “The Sun & Moon in June”

                             Daytime
“star”gaze     11a-3p

                             Evening "moon"gaze  8:30pm
Hope to see you on the 7th.Craig, CAS Outreach Co-Chair