[cas_announce] Scopes Needed. CAS Stargaze at Winton Woods Friday 9/3

  • From: Craig Niemi <craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Announce CAS_ <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 06:30:53 -0700 (PDT)

Dear CAS Members and Volunteers,

Hamilton
County Park District has invited CAS back for another stargaze at
Winton Woods. They and their visitors have been thrilled with the great
job our members have done at the previous stargazes.

The stargaze is scheduled for Friday September 3rd.
The hike begins at 7:30pm with stargazing beginning about 8:15pm.

So far Brad Reck and Mike Haap offered to help out with scopes. We could use
another scope or two.
If you're interested in bringing a scope and representing the Society please
just let me know. craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks to the great job our volunteer astronomers have done with the parks they
would like to include us in a program this winter. We'll be checking the
calendar for suitable dates/celestial events but this would be a great event to
promote our 100th year.

Thanks for supporting the Society!
Craig