[cas_announce] CAS - Winton Woods Stargaze Dec 11, 2010

  • From: Craig Niemi <craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Announce CAS_ <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:53:51 -0700 (PDT)

Dear CAS members and volunteers,

The Hamilton County Parks would like to schedule a winter hike & stargaze for
Saturday December 11th at Winton Woods. Time is to be determined. We'll have a
thin crescent Moon and Jupiter as bright targets.

Just drop me note if you'd like to bring a scope or otherwise promote the
Society as a "CAS astro-ambassador".

And a reminder we have a stargaze at Winton Woods this Friday September 3rd.
Hike begins at 7:30pm, stargazing about 8:15. You are more than welcome to
bring a scope or lend a hand. Their visitors have been wowed at every previous
stargaze.

This is becoming a great partnership and a great opportunity to promote CAS's
upcoming centennial.

Thanks,
Craig
craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx