<CT> VSHARE-related Squawks

  • From: Norm Finch <NormF@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Calmira Tips <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 01:08:04 -0600

I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere, I just haven't run across
it yet ...

I recently upgraded from DR-DOS 7.03's SHARE to Windows 3.1's
VSHARE.386 (v1.01).  Now I'm finding I have a couple programs
complaining.  MS Word Viewer 97 digs its heels in and won't run at all
without SHARE running, and I get occasional kicks elsewhere.  With
both SHARE and VSHARE loaded to please the complaining programs, my
system gets noticeably sluggish.  Is there a fix, or at least a
workaround?  Preferrably one that doesn't force me to reboot every
time I switch back and forth between applications.

My apologies that this isn't directly a Calmira-related question, but
with all the power users among us, the resource is too good to refrain
from trying to tap it.  Thanks all.

Regards,
Norm
--
"The chief virtue that language can have is clearness." - Hippocrates
               -- Peace.  Write well.  Do good work. --