<CT> The remaining two Windows freeware AV programs

  • From: Billy Wong <bhs1989@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:03:17 -0400

On Sun, 09 Sep 2001 10:06:21 -0400 "Norm Meunier" <nmeunier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> InoculateIT! is great too, but alas... I may have to search for another
> one again if updates are squashed.

   This past spring, one FreeNET listmember mentioned *three* Windows
freeware antivirus programs, one of them was InoculateIT PE which, of
course we all know by now, is discontinued.  The only two remaining are:

AntiVir
http://www.free-av.com/index.html

-and-

AVG
http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_downl.cfm

   AVG I tried briefly prior to using InoculateIT regularly.  Never had
the chance to try AntiVir.  If any one here has used AntiVir, it would be
most appreciated to hear your critique!

   ___Billy Wong___
   BHS1989@xxxxxxxx
   http://www.geocities.com/billythekid1602445