<CT> Re: calmira xp?

  • From: "Reid Solberg" <reids@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:31:39 -0800

> can he do that legally????

If you mean call it Calmira xp, yes.  Microsoft didn't trademark the name xp
alone- it's "Windows xp" that's theirs.  If you mean have it overwrite
files, yes as well.  If you had read more information before installing it,
you'd likely have read that it's a customized version of Calmira to make
Windows 3.x look more like Windows XP.

I think that the link directly to the file on the download page should be
removed, and changed to view the appropriate web site to avoid
misunderstandings like this, also because Calmira xp 3.31 has been released.
If you like the XP interface, this is for you!  If you go to the homepage
http://users.pandora.be/azone/calmira.htm that's where you'll find all of
the information you'd need as well as screenshots...  They've got a logon
screen that's almost there, it just needs customized user icons to really
fool somebody.  I imagine with a blue taskbar and a green jelly start button
would even fool me.  But I think that if I wanted this much of the "Luna"
interface I'd use XP.