<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V2 #56 &#57, DOS PPP

  • From: GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:34:14 EST

Jason and others interested!

I meant no offense in my statements...and apologize if anyone feels offended.
Nuff said about that, hehe!
Regarding DOS internet apps under Windows, specifically Win3X, very
difficult.  Win9X does allow com ports to be shared somewhat, for some
anyhow.  I've used several DOS internet apps, including Arachne, Lynx,
Bobcat, DOSLynx, POPMail, and more.  They are sleek and fast, just not as
"elegant" as the GUI of most WIN internet apps.  If anyone is interested, I
put together a DOS Internet web page a while back, the URL of which is:

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/RightWay/wizard57m/dosinet.htm

Links to other sites as well as downloadable software is included.

See ya later!
Glenn