<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V1 #25

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:19:32 +0100

Listar schrieb:

> From: "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> I'm YELLing
> Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:06:50 -0600

[Win98 icons in a DLL]
> *YELL*  I'll take it.

It's underway...

> Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:16:59 -0700 (MST)
> From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Re: File required
>
> On Nov 25, andrew sprott wrote to calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
> >> Received OK, do you think this file should be posted to the Calmira site so
> >> others can benefiit?
> >
> >better ask bill :]
>
> Bill who?

Gates perhaps? ;) But why should one ask him?

> Why not contact me offlist and I can see about posting it to the site...

Another download location is nice, but is it necessary? A search with
http://ftpsearch.lycos.com should find a lot of sites to download the
file from.

> Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:53:41
> From: "Barry J. Higginbottom" <barryh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Associated Icons in Explorer? and other thoughts!
>
> I have noticed that the files in an icon window do not display the correct
> icon for an associated application.
>
> For example my text files (.txt) which are associated with UltraEdit show
> the icon from my CAD program.

[snip]
> Is this a bug or a corrupted file?

Let's call it a quirk ;). Erwin can probably explain it - I think he did
that already, look in the archives.

> I have just installed the updated rmm.d32 file (Thanks Andy!) but had a
> devil of job finding it as the original file (WG0937.EXE) appeared to be no
> longer available on the Microsoft site. If M$ no longer supports Win 3.1x,
> wouldn't be a good idea to have a file archive on the Calmira site for all
> these M$oft update files before they all get lost forever?

There are quite a few updates, and I have a lot of them on my home page.
In addition, i24.com should get a lot of webspace in the (more or less)
near future, where you'll also be able to download these updates. So I
think links to i24.com's download section (when available) and
ftpsearch.lycos.com should be enough.

Stephan
--
Stephan Großklaß (7bit: Grossklass)