<CT> Re: Associated Icons in Explorer? and other thoughts!

  • From: "Barry J. Higginbottom" <barryh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:12:11

Hi Erwin

>I have noticed that the files in an icon window do not display the correct
>icon for an associated application.
>
>For example my text files (.txt) which are associated with UltraEdit show
>the icon from my CAD program.

Well I've found out what's going on, but I don't know why though.

Orinally all my text files (.txt extension) were associated by command
(Association Tab in File Properties)

I changed my Registered File Type for a Text File from notepad.exe to
ultraedt.exe, changed the file association in properties to registered file
type, deleted the imgindex.dat file, restarted and its fine.

But then it should have worked the other way really, shouldn't it? If a
file type is associated by a command or program then it should pick up the
icon for that command or program?

Over to you. :>)

Barry