<CT> Re: adobe type manager?

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:21:20 -0700 (MST)

The following words were brought to you by Javi Polo:

>I know there is a 16-bit version of Adobe Type Manager (2.5, I think)
>but I wasn't able to find it although I've searched the Internet for
>three or four days. I just wanted to know if anyone know a site where I
>can download this program (it was released as a free download, AFAIK)

Once in a while, a company will have it archived on FTP... Try
pointing your FTP program to ftp.adobe.com and look around to see if
there's something in there.

>Oh, and one more thing... =BFis there any way to make that the text in
>the title bar appears right-aligned instead of centered?

No, sorry, that's controlled by GDI (or the video driver, I'm not
sure which), and Calmira can't easily override it. Programs like
Mask do, but that's a lot of code that adds bloat and CPU overhead.

Since it's one of Calmira's aims to keep it minimal and fast, and
runnable on 386-class hardware...

Happy computing with Calmira! www.calmira.org
Brian L. Johnson,  owner/admin/webmaster, etc
Visit  YOUR  Calmira site  at www.calmira.org