<CT> Re: Wifi on Win3

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:25:17 -0500

[ I'm sending this again.... The previous attempt got mangled, all
newlines removed, everything run together in one block.... Barely
readable.... Sorry, I hope this works out better.... ]

Has anybody here used a wireless PCMCIA card with WfWg 3.11?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:40:04 EST, GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx wrote:

[I wrote that I was looking for a wireless PCMCIA card for WfWg 3.11]

> ... check at the manufacturer's web site for your particular PCMCIA
> WiFi card....  You might even have to look for DOS based drivers
> for WiFi to enable them in Win3X....

I don't have the card yet. I won't buy until I know there's a driver I
can use. I think I need a 16-bit PCMCIA card, not a 32-bit CardBus
card. Such cards exist, but I haven't found any with DOS or Win3
drivers. The only PCMCIA network drivers I've found for Win3 or DOS are
for wired cards.

What's the smallest WiFi access point available? Instead of wiring the
laptop directly to the network hub, I could wire it to a wireless
access point near the laptop....

Why can't the functions of the wired card (with a WfWg3.11 driver) and
the wireless access point be built into one card?

--
                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ