<CT> Re: Grrr... / Re: Calmira 3.2 progress

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:04:53 +0100 (MET)

> Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:56:17 -0700 (MST)
> From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Grrr...

> [grumble]

> After a prolonged struggle, I get DOS 6.22, WfWG 3.11 and
> the latest
> Calmira loaded on my old 486 laptop, and what does it do?
> It totally
> freezes, _HARD_ on startup (whether I start with progman
> or Calmira).
> Not even ctrl+alt+del work, I have to hit power.

> Any ideas on how I can solve this?

Tried using the replacement vkda.386 instead of *vkd yet? It's such a
common problem that I'm wondering why nobody has mentioned it yet.

> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:21:15 +0100
> From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: <CT> Calmira 3.2 progress

[several interesting things snipped]

> When that's done, I plan to customize the file popup
> menu, so that it
> will show the default action that it reads from the
> registry (Open,
> Print, etc.). Along will come the new File Type editor,
> meaning you can
> customize what the popup menu contains depending on the
> filetype.

This sounds really nice. I hope you'll keep the possibility of using a
universal viewer via Shift-Return?

> Alredy finished:
>
> + File System Change notification.

Nifty!

> + Export start menu groups back to Program Manager.

Didn't we already have that?

> + Folder Properties now accessable form Explorer tree.

Nice!

> + Redesigned Select Files and Set File Filter dialogs.
> + Updated drawing of selected icons.
>
> ...and i thought Calmira was 'finished'...

Hehe :)...

> ps. Anyone still interested in a new version?

Certainly that was a rhetoric question? :)

I'm planning on getting a 486 notebook (for the university it may be
quite useful, they have wireless LAN here); it looks like it's going to
be a Siemens-Nixdorf PCD-4ND w/a DX/4-75, 20 megs of RAM and an 800 meg
hard disk.

Stephan
--
No sig today - my monitor's away (being repaired, that is)