<CT> Re: Calmira and "MS DOS 7.1"

  • From: "Casolai !" <casolai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:32:28 -0600

The DOS 7.1 is from china, its marked PRC I believe, and I got mismatched
codepage errors on my PS/2 system when I upgraded to the 7.1 over PC-DOS
2000. All I had to do to fix it, was add in the config.sys line that changes
the codepage to US-English, then everything worked smoothly.

"I've heard about this supposed MS DOS 7.1 by Weingier, however, before
I could recommend another Calmira user to try it, it should be noted that
this particular "version" is Chinese.  I've never tried it myself either."

Doesn't it come in both? The version I tried a while back from him was all
in English.