<CT> OT, doing better

  • From: mwenechanga@xxxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:58:34 GMT

I'm writing an architectural program, where you
edit a map in 2d from above, like a blueprint,
and then render it in 3d to walk around and get
a feel for the house you designed.  Nothing much
works yet, but I'm making real progress and I
think I'm starting to see the light at the end
of the tunnel.

Of course, AutoCAD already has that capability,
but it's a decent project and I think it'll get
me my degree.

BTW, for the person trying to convert from QBASIC
to C, the OpenGL extension glut has simple
keyboard controls and I think timer functions
as well.  I'm not really exploiting those in
my project or I'd be able to tell you more.