<CT> Network tip

  • From: JGrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Stephan Grossklass)
  • To: calmira_tips <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 22:42:45 +0200

Hello fellow Calmirians :)

Today I turned off network DDE and was very pleased to find a number of
annoying pauses during Windows' startup shortened considerably. In
addition, I haven't experienced any "Invalid floating point operation"
messages when Netscape loads a newsgroup SNM file any longer, but this
may also be related to the hard drive having been DEFRAGged. (BTW those
of you using Win95/98 for this - you should "borrow" a defrag.exe file
from Windoze ME, since it's at least twice as fast as the older
versions. This is about the only useful improvement in ME, IMO...)

Still waiting for my new graphics card (ELSA WINNER 2000PRO/X-8, new in
box :) to come - I'm curious how it performs... Let's hope the S3 968
doesn't give trouble because of its framebuffer size bug (it says it
needs a 32 MB framebuffer but uses 64 megs).

Stephan
--
Stephan Großklaß (7bit: Grossklass)
eMail: mailto:jgrossklass@xxxxxxxxxxx | Webmaster: http://www.i24.com/