<CT> Microsoft Internet Mail question (WIN 3.1)

  • From: William P Grant <w.p.grant@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 13:51:13 EST

To the list:

Since Juno 1.49 may not be available I was looking into using Microsoft
Internet Mail (v3.03) as my e-mail. This is what my isp uses for their
e-mail.  The area which lists all the mail in a particular folder does
not display the date received.  It just displays No, or invalid, date.
In each folder (inbox, outbox, etc.) is a file called MSG_LIST. which
contains the information for From, Subject, Date received. I'm including
one line from that file as an example of the info it contains.  Also
included is a copy of the e-mail I sent to my isp support along with
their response.  I was not satisfied with their reply.  Is this really
so?  I tried MSIE v4 for W3.1 but it ran so slow.  If anyone can help,
thanks.

Bill Grant
 A line from the MSG_LIST. file:
x RAAAAAAP R +0 David Herring Bill Grant Sun, 20 Aug  0 13:23:17 PDT
(No, or invalid, date.) Re: mshtml16.dll errors.

From: William Grant <w.p.grant@xxxxxxxx>
To: support@xxxxxxxxxxxx <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 09:37
Subject: date display

>I use Windows for Work Groups 3.11.  My computer is Y2K compliant.My
browser
>is IE v3.03 (an upgrade to v3.01 supplied to me.).  I use Juno v1.49 as
my
>main e-mail.  Juno has recently quit providing support for this version
and
>there is a possibility that they will phase out that version entirely.
>
>I've used the e-mail on occasion CenOkTel has provided.  I've included
an
>attachment of my screen showing my problem.  The date received in the
inbox
>message display does not show the date.  I've tried using the web based
mail
>interface but I figure it's for checking mail away from your pc and not
for
>regular e-mail use. Also it only has the inbox with no provisions for
other folders.   Do you know of any patch or fix that would take care
of