<CT> A plea for help!

  • From: "Richard Hamilton-Frost" <rich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:57:04 +0100

Hello Group,

not really a win3x question...

a win9x question, one of my pc's has gone a bit screwy!!

Its a PII 233, 32 mb ram, which WAS running Windows 95 on Wednesday night..

Thursday Morning.. I switch it on..

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

quite a scary message!

I have seen this a couple of times before (on un-partioned hard disks!!)

So I do the first thing.. check the bios settings are all set to Auto

they are..

next: Boot Sequence

A, CDROM, C

ok all normal..

So next I try a boot disk, and run Fdisk off of the boot disk to see what
partitions are on the actual disk... NONE!!

this is rather scary now as there is important data on the drive..

does anybody here know of any data recovery tools?

Help Would Be Lovely!

Regards Richard Hamilton-Frost

http://www.RHFweb.net - New Logo!! - My Personal Enjoyment, My Dinner, My
Breakfast`