[calibrebooks] two good books.

  • From: "pam willingham" <pam.willingham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 16:53:45 +0100

Hello all,
I have been reading The winter ghosts, by Kate Moss. It takes place in the
1920's and is written in that style. It follows the narrator after he has lost
his brother in the first world war and isn't finding a way to get over his
loss, until he travels to France, and comes across a little village in the
south, where he is entangled in a mysterious experience. Yes it is a ghost
story, but not creepy or scary, just mysterious and poignant . It is basically
a love storey, but not soppy, if you know what I mean. It is really gripping
and a real page turner, if you can say that about audio books. I'm sorry I
don't have the number. but I would highly recommend it.
The other is "The afghan" by Frederick Forsythe. This takes place in the
present, being about ten years ago, but its very up to date. Basically a spy
storey moving around the middle east and London. It describes a lot of the
things that I think we don't understand about that part of the world. The
different groups, tribes and communities and how they work together or hate
each other. I was totally gripped although I found I had to concentrate to get
to grips with all the different factions. It was very interesting and exciting
at the same time. I haven't done justice in my description, but its well worth
reading. These were both from Calibre.

Regards, Pam.
To leave the list, send a message to: calibrebooks-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with Unsubscribe as the Subject.