[calibrebooks] Re: two good books.

  • From: "Andrew Summers" <asummers112@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 18:18:22 +0100

Both books sound good.

Andrew
-----Original Message-----
From: pam willingham
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2015 4:53 PM
To: calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [calibrebooks] two good books.

Hello all,
I have been reading The winter ghosts, by Kate Moss. It takes place in the
1920's and is written in that style. It follows the narrator after he has
lost his brother in the first world war and isn't finding a way to get over
his loss, until he travels to France, and comes across a little village in
the south, where he is entangled in a mysterious experience. Yes it is a
ghost story, but not creepy or scary, just mysterious and poignant . It is
basically a love storey, but not soppy, if you know what I mean. It is
really gripping and a real page turner, if you can say that about audio
books. I'm sorry I don't have the number. but I would highly recommend it.
The other is "The afghan" by Frederick Forsythe. This takes place in the
present, being about ten years ago, but its very up to date. Basically a spy
storey moving around the middle east and London. It describes a lot of the
things that I think we don't understand about that part of the world. The
different groups, tribes and communities and how they work together or hate
each other. I was totally gripped although I found I had to concentrate to
get to grips with all the different factions. It was very interesting and
exciting at the same time. I haven't done justice in my description, but its
well worth reading. These were both from Calibre.

Regards, Pam.
To leave the list, send a message to: calibrebooks-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with Unsubscribe as the Subject.
For vacation mode, send a message to: calibrebooks-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx