[calibrebooks] Re: hi

  • From: Christine Ronaldson <Christine.Ronaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 08:34:31 +0000

Hi
Thanks for the recommendation, I have checked them out.

The whole series are recorded by an American company but only sold in the UK by
Amazon. We have to follow the Copyright laws, and if a title is available in
unabridged audio we cannot record it ourselves. We do not have a contract with
this company so cannot buy them and convert them to MP3 as we need to do.
Sorry, it means that Calibre can't stock these titles,
Christine

Christine Ronaldson

Head of Literature and Audio Book Production

Calibre Audio Library
Aylesbury, Bucks, HP22 5XQ
01296 432 339 (Switchboard)

Calibre Audio Library brings the pleasure of reading to people with sight
problems, dyslexia or disabilities that prevent them reading print through a
subscription-free nationwide postal and internet service of audio books. We
offer a choice of over 8,500 titles, fiction and non-fiction, recorded
unabridged by professional actors and broadcasters.

The Calibre website, www.calibre.org.uk provides details of all our services
including on-line access to our complete catalogue of audio books.

Registered charity no 286614