[calibrebooks] Re: Michael Palin

  • From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:15:32 -0000

I have read Brazil by Michael Palin, and I agree with Liz about his writing
and also reading his own books.  As you say, Liz, some travel books are
boring because the authors do such a lot of moaning about the conditions
they meet.  My view is that they chose to go travelling in a certain way, so
please don't go on about how tough it was.  Maybe that's a bit harsh, but
unless it's done in a comical way it does get really tedious hearing more
about the weather or the toughness of the terrain than the description of
the places and people they meet.  I got Brazil from Listening Books in
London, so not sure if it is on Calibre yet.

Wendy