[cad-linux] Re: compile qcad

  • From: Carroll Grigsby <cgrigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:12:54 -0500

On Saturday 27 December 2003 03:12 pm, kaper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Im new in this mailing list, so let me write some things:
> (Please be patient with my english)
>
> I've worked since 93 on Autocad (12-2000) , since 2000 on Ustation, I've
> tried Archicad, 3DViz. Once even Nemetsech. In may 2000 I've installed at
> home my first linux (Red-hat 6) then Suse, now Debian. Now Im un*x
> positive.
>
> I would like work on my preferred system (on legal soft) , but... You know.
> I know Blender. Is good but without snapping. Qcad (payed now?) Qcad seems
> good too, but it is not free (or only binaries isn't ?).
>
> So. Some question:
> Is there anybody, who sucufully compiled Qcad? Is compiled qcad also
> breaking work every 10min, as announced for binaries? Ive download
> binaries, but they doesno't work for me :(
>
>                                                       Thax, Peter

Peter:
The Mandrake Club has an rpm for QCad2 that runs under Mandrake 9.2 in
testing. Further details are available at:
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPM&func=info_page&RID=1664
I think that you have to be a member of the Club to download it. Older
versions of QCad were included in earlier Mandrake distributions. When I
tried it about two years ago, I didn't have any of the problems that you
describe.
-- cmg