[cad-linux] Re: Intellicad for Linux

  • From: phrostie@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 29 Aug 2001 08:07:54 -0700

In catia, there is a utility called Auxview 2.
The older Auxview creates a 2d drawing window looking down into your 3d
geometry, similar to the modelspace/paperspace in autocad.  in auxview2 it
renders 2d vector graphcs from the 3d geometry.  this allows you to change
lines types and do minor dress-ups to your drawing.  the "draw" geometry can be
layered the same as the model and updated by view or all at once.

This is an over simplification but the consept would work well.  create a
DWG/DXF modeler(yours) and render to a drawing editor(qcad).  qcad would not
need to be changed to a 3d application just edit/detail the drawings, which it
already does.

Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.