[cad-linux] Re: CAM

  • From: Dan Falck <dfalck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 08:28:24 -0800

Ray,
I set up your CP program on my stand alone desk top machine yesterday.
 Perhaps you could introduce this to the list.
Ray and I play around with a program called EMC that is a linux based PC
controller for CNC machines.  Our exploits are sort of documented at
www.linuxcnc.org
Ray writes in tcl/tk and has come up with a lot of neat routines that
make generating G-code a lot easier with a program called CP,
"conversational programming"   not to mention all the work he's done on
the EMC machine panel front end.  He wrote a script that backplots the
G-code running on the EMC machine- ie you can see your programs running
graphically in 3d.

For the last couple of years,  I have been looking for a CAD/CAM
solution to my linux EMC system.   Ideally an open source, python
scriptable solution is my dream.  Right now I have to use Windows
programs for generating drawings and G-code.

Thanks,
Dan