[cad-linux-dev] Re: variably formatted text (now with references:)

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 22:26:55 -0600

> The following was supposedly scribed by
> cr88192
> on Saturday 06 December 2003 08:35 pm:
>> 7:     -10,-10,-10   :   10,10,10
>> 8:  "$points/anon.point#9"  : 15,15,15
>> 10:  "$points/control.point#originA" :  (+) 9, -4, 3.442 : 0.1132,0,3.225
>
>I am not really following.
<snip>
>> # model/cubes/.cube  -- control-file for cubes in this directory
>> suffix:    .cube
>> format:  $name:@min:@max:@basenormal [0,0,1]
>
>still not really following.

What I'm saying is that the coordinate data is stored one-entity per line for
items which have coordinates (points, circles, spheres, cubes, lines) and the
control data (which specifies any deviations from the standard format) is
stored in a config file in the directory within the model.

Items which don't have coordinate data of their own (such as your union)
should get that data from elsewhere, so they have to store things like names.

I sort of went off the end with a couple of those examples.  The basic deal is
that each item has a name (even if it is just a number getting used as a
name) and a location in the organizational structure.  This means that if you
want to instantiate an item, you simply reference it by name.  If you wanted
to actually copy the cube#7 into your union, (such that changes to cube#7
have no effect on the union) you would make it cube#8.

--Eric
--
"Insert random misquote here"