[cad-linux-dev] Re: BRL-CAD is released as Open Source

  • From: "cr88192" <cr88192@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 02:21:33 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Sean Morrison" <morrison@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 2:36 AM
Subject: [cad-linux-dev] BRL-CAD is released as Open Source

> As many of you may have already noticed via the /. announcement on
> Saturday and other news postings, BRL-CAD is now released as open source.

very cool.

misc: anyone have luck with or know where I can find working windows
binaries?...

I got it to build eventually, but then I get a "this isn't a Tk application"
type message, which I don't understand and don't know how to work around...
this is along with another ominous message 'unknown color
name"SystemButtonFace"'.

failing that I may have to set up another linux box, hopefully with a big
enough hd to have x installed and have a reasonable amount of free space.
biggest free right now is I think 8.4GB, which may be big enough...

using it on linux, though, would be rather inconvinient (given either I am
using 2 boxes, or having to be using one or the other on my main box...).

of course, I do need a linux system with everything functional anyways...

stupid imperfect cygwin sometimes...