[bvipilots] iyp and synthesizer issue

  • From: Brian Moore <bmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 22:11:53 -0400

HI all. wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

have had this problem for quite a while now.

because I am running iyp on a windows 7 system, I installed espeak synthesizer because the default Anna makes my head hurt and speaks too slowly even at maximum rate to be usable.

However, whenever I launch iyp, espeak reverts to its slowest rate. after I get the its your plane prompt, I can say decrease speech rate and I get the second fastest rate that espeak can do and then I can say "increase speech rate" and it will go up once more. however, I can't get this to save no matter what I try.

every relaunch of iyp gets me the slowest rate again.

think it might be time to restart my installation. Maybe tomorrow after work when I can spend about 4 hours doing fsx iyp, radar contact, a bunch of extra aircraft which I hope I can find again, a couple of sound packs and some add ons which give me extra traffic at Canadian airports.

I have had a couple of other strange issues since I installed fsx where sometimes there will be no voice for atc regardless of the setting in the sounds settings.

since I am comtemplating doing this, has anyone gotten the sliders for setting things like graphics levels volumes etc with any degree of accuracy?

I have tried setting these things with 3 screen readers and I don't think any of them report accurately.

wish I could just edit a text file and make life easier.
Brian.

--
Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter: