[bvipilots] Re: Weather service unavailable

  • From: hadi <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 02:57:10 +0430

@helen, That's sad, vatsim services are down currently. they seems to be under heavy maintenence or something. i did read about it a week ago or so.

@noel
FSX (if that's you mean) weather is not down. if you get your weather by the real weather feature of fsx, that'll work for you as FSX will update your local weather.

But when you ask michel for a metar report, itsyourplane asks for a "real metar" based on a different database. now, that database is not online, so IYP can't pull the information currently. That just means that you can't get the report from IYP, however your weather works.
On 8/29/2013 1:36 AM, Noel Romey wrote:
Question. So if the fss weather service is down, does this mean that atis is unavailable? I suppose radar contact can be helpful as well? Also, what does iyp use the metar data besides using the get local weather command or flight following announcements? I haven't flown lately since I need to reinstall windows, so that is why I ask.

Thanks.
Ner

On Aug 28, 2013, at 3:24 PM, Helen Cooper <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Jordan, Noel and Hadi,
Robert reports that this problem has actually been going on for 10 days! For the past 6-years, he has been getting the METAR data from VATSIM...
http://metar.vatsim.net
He will shortly be releasing a new version (IYP Version 4.1.0.348) that will get the METAR data from a BACKUP service when VATSIM is down. It's quite complex, because the METAR formatting from the new data source is not the same as VATSIM.
Stay tuned and watch for the release of IYP version 4.1.0.348.
Helen

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 2:17 PM, hadi <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx <mailto:hadirezaei@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Maybe he means the metar reporting thing
    But that's not For itsyourplane either

    On 8/27/2013 1:46 AM, Noel Romey wrote:

        Thought fsx provided weather, not iyp? Am I wrong?

        Ner

        On Aug 26, 2013, at 5:13 PM, Jordan Gallacher
        <jordanandseptember@xxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:jordanandseptember@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

            Just to give people a heads up, the weather service for
            IYP is still unavailable. It has been out since Saturday.
            Jordan

            Sent from my iPhoneBlind and Visually impaired Pilots
            mailinglist
            bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
            To unsubscribe, send a message to
            bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            <mailto:bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and put the word
            unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
            bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            <mailto:bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and put the word
            help in the subject of your message.

        bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        To unsubscribe, send a message to
        bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and put the word
        unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
        bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and put the word
        help in the subject of your message.

    bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To unsubscribe, send a message to
    bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and put the word
    unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
    bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and put the word help in
    the subject of your message.