[bvipilots] Re: Speech Recog Question

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 00:07:00 -0400

Jody, do the following to train the voice.
from jaws,
if you're using windows seven.
Press your windows key so that you'll end up in your search and serch for the control pannel. Next, press the letter s until you see the speech recognition field and press enter.
tab into it and you should see advance.
Press the enter on it.
The first thing  you'll want to do is this.
Make sure your language is set to one of the two languages.
Hopefully it's engilish.
Then tab over to new since you'll be setting up a new profile.
Just type in your name then tab over to the ok button and press the enter key on it.
That's the largest part.
Then click on set up microphone.
Control home to go to the top and route pc to jaws and you should see the short message to read to test your mic.
The short statement is something like
Peter prefers typing over pen and paper and he particularly prefers it over pen and paper. If the statement works, say next and Jaws should say next, that will be your audio clue that it worked.
Just say finished.
You'll also want to click on train your mic tutoral and train your voice so that your pc will understand you as well. When you set your mic's input volume, set it for about 25 to say 35 percent so that the mic doesn't pick up everything around you.
You just want it to pick up your voice.
Then of course press ok. You'll also want to set up the volume of your speech engine. then tab around until you see start up speech recognition.
You will want the start up on start up checked.
That way you'll hear the ms. speech recognition tones kick in when your pc starts up to let you know that ms speech recognition is working.
Hope this helps.
Now I really need to get some sleep.
Ron

-----Original Message----- From: Jody McKinniss
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:16 PM
To: bvipilots
Subject: [bvipilots] Speech Recog Question

Has anyone using a screen reader figured out a way for those of us who
have no sight to train our speech recognition on our pc?  This is
extremely important.  I remember back when I first tried IYP with FS
2004, Michelle couldn't seem to understand me, no matter how clearly I
enunciated my words.  I don't have anyone sighted who can read to me,
so is there any alternative way I can train this thing so I don't have
that same problem?
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your message.