[bvipilots] Re: My first successful PF3 ATC flight.

  • From: Tyler Kavanaugh <twkav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 16:54:43 -0500

So, just out of curiosity, when using PF3 is it absolutely necessary that you switch to the FSS frequency and have them open your flight plan first? I have never done that, and Josh doesn't mention doing it in his tutorial. What, exactly, does that do anyway?

Tyler

On 6/18/2017 11:36 AM, Ron Kolesar wrote:

Just wanted to thank everyone and especially publically thank Joshua for his help and my first of hopefully several successful PF3 ATC flights.
I like the one feature in PF3 ATC.
You hear from PF3 to lower your speed to such and such, and you can echo the new speed but I don’t think Michelle is setting the speed to the new speed limits that the PF3 ATC wants you to be at.
Now for a tip.
I was zero miles out and at 3,000 FT up.
I was wondering why I wasn’t descending like I should have been descending.
Then I don’t know how and or why, but I’m glad I thought of it, I gave the voice command alt hold off and that did the trick.
But for a example,
I think PF3 ATC and IYP are not on the same page and here’s why.
My assigned alt from KERI to KMDT downtown Harrisburg was at a fl of 210.
So at 3 percent Glide Slope, I should have started my descent at or around 70 miles out instead of around 40 to 45 miles out.
But I made my first successful PF3 ATC trip.
Ron

Blind and Visually impaired Pilots mailinglist
To unsubscribe, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of
your message.
For other options such as digest, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your