[bvipilots] Re: Making your own airline and flight number

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 20:23:00 -0800

Hello Kevin,

REGARDING: BVI mode
To start with, please be advised that the Blind and/or Visually Impaired
(BVI) mode of operation is only available with the registered IYP version.
Also, please understand that there is a 30-day money back guarantee unless
you are 110% satisfied.

REGARDING CUSTOMIZED FLIGHTS
When you select a "commercial" aircraft (like a jet liner, which by the way
you can only operate with the registered version as well), you select the
aircraft's DETAILS tab in order to enter the:

Tail Number:  (NOTE: in the USA all tail numbers begin with the letter N)
Airline Call Sign: e.g., World Travel, United, US Air, etc.
Flight Number: (NOTE: This is always a 2-4 digit NUMERIC expression)

Here's a very helpful link that explains how to set up the AIRLINES.CFG
file and how to add voices to the FSX audio system.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?226867-How-do-I-add-airline-names-and-types-in-FSX

What also may be of interest is a section entitled:

Call Sign Alteration

located in the Flight Deck Doc manual which can be downloaded from the
Resources area of the IYP website located here:

http://www.itsyourplane.com/html/manuals.asp

Also in the Flight Deck Doc manual, there's a "must read" section entitled:

Update your FSX ATC Voice Pack

Albeit a tad overwhelming, I trust you will find the foregoing helpful.

Regards,
Robert

PS. Thank you for your kind remarks.