[bvipilots] Has anyone noticed the following in the bedtas lately?

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "B V I Pilots" <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 15:43:47 -0400

To my fellow beta testers.
I've been flying the KERY to CYYZ route.
I run down the checklists and everything is normal except for the stupid door isue that we're all trying to work out.
I get to the start up check list and it hangs on me.
I go to use the start up checklist command and nothing happens.
I even use the get current time command to test out IYP is hearing me and still no audio feedback. So to fix this, I Press the ctrl key and the windows key wich is the start listening stop listening command for the windows speech input program.
I do this a few times and IYP kicks back in once again.
I know that IYP kicked back in because Micheele finaly heard me ask her to give me the local time. Then again I ask for the start up checklist by using the voice command start up checklist and it kicks in like normal. Also, I use the voice command fire up number two and the number two engine fires up. But before I even say anything the number two generator kicks in on it's own.
I still say number two generator on.
Also, I need my fellow BVI beta testers opinion on this.
It would be nice if our trusty fo would say something like we just left the runway.
Would it not?
Because I am not hearing the tower giving me my ground contact frequency.
So I can not use the commands recognize hand off and or contact ground.
I have waited for the last two betas about ten full minutes waiting for the command to kick in with no luck.
I've even tried just using contact ground and Michelle did switch it for me.
I then even used request taxi to the gate.
You would think I'd be hearing something from the ground.
But no luck.
That's my two cents on the latest beta.