[bvipilots] For all BVI pilots.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "B V I Pilots" <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:29:03 -0400

Hello to all of my fellow BVI pilots.
Below is the letter that I had received from my friend Remi.
He finally gave me the green light to give out his contact info.
So he knows about FSX and about flying, but he doesn't know about screen readers and JAWS.
Maybe we can help him out.
Below is his new web page project for all pilots both blind and sighted alike.
So if we can help him he'll help us.
So now here's his letter that he had written to me last night.
One last thing, he is on mountain time, so especially for we here on the east coast, he's two hours behind us and is in Canada.
Now here's his letter with the web page link and his e-mail address.
Now let's make a real realistic flight simulator that mirrors the sighted pilot's flight simulator with every item on every checklist.
Hi to my dear friend Ron,

I totally understand what you're going through and I feel kind of helpless
as to create a video that would show you how to program the FMC In any jet
plane!
Since there are so many things to consider when you do this, I think you
either forget about the FMC and disable it totally or go all the way with
all the information you have to program into it and that may be a little too
much to handle right now!

When you watch videos on youtube or whatever, you notice the moments of
silence when the pilot enters information pertaining to his flight and may
not be useful to yours, therefore he/she will not talk about it and go ahead
with the programming assuming that the person watching it knows what's
happening, not the BVI person!

It is unfortunate that other people don't even think that some BVI friends
would like to rely on that info...  perhaps they have no idea that you guys
already have a good knowledge and the power to see what they do or talk
about in videos!

One way or another, I will find a way to make the connection between the BVI
and the rest of the flying world if I can!
So far, I just opened a new website exclusively for this hobby and I'm just
waiting to have a little more time to make it so everyone can share his
point of view with others including the BVI friends...  it might make them a
bit more aware of the BVI situation, I would hope!

In case you'd like to take a look, here's my site that is still at a very
primitive stage (you may have some good ideas on how to improve it):

www.funsimhobby.com

you can also contact me at this address:

remi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

so far, there's nothing in there except a couple of video clips that I
thought where nice!

Just let me know what you think for a good design!

Thanks,

Remi