[bvipilots] Re: Flying without flightplans?

  • From: Hadi Rezaei <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 06:31:42 +0330

I forgot to put my skype ID in.

It's hadi.gsf7

Also I failed to describe what are  VORs, and NDBS and such.

In basic terms, they're devices that are on the ground which let's your aircraft to lock in to them, and then after they'll take control of your aircraft and pull your aircraft towards them (without changing your altitude of course). They'll just take control of your heading.

There's of course more to this but that's the basics. you can fly in, and out of a V O R navigation.

On 12/4/2016 6:20 AM, Hadi Rezaei wrote:

Hello Zack

Flying without a flight plan is doable with IYP. however some conditions must be met. for example, You should be aware of the terrain, and the minimum safe altitude, and of course the weather so you'd know the active runway.

If the airport that you want to do has no mountains around it, that'll be very easy to do go and touches on it (Take-off, intercept a VOR, choose the airport that you took off as destination, come in for a landing, repeat).
If the two airports that you want to fly have VOR navs in between them, you could easily navigate to the VOR, then to the next one, then to your airport for example.
(Just a note that almost all the airports have a VOR nav for the runway itself, which we do not use, because IYP will do the visual approach for us)
Now If you'd like me to help you with this or you have questions you can add me on skype or if you do not have skype your method of contacting. We could also mail as well.

On 12/4/2016 12:37 AM, Robert Cezar wrote:
Hello Zack,

I believe you are referring to IFR vs VFR flights. While it is far simpler to fly IFR, wherein ATC contrrollers direct you to the destination airports and provides you with airport approach vectors, you can actually fly VFR by fliying to/from VOR navaids and when nearing final approach, ask Michelle to take over.

Hadi assisted me with both the development and testing. He's our resident guru. Please solicit his help.

Regards,

Robert

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Zachary Kline <zkline@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:zkline@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi All,

    I’m curious how many people here tend to just do “free flight,”
    without filing a formal flight plan. I’ve been reading a book all
    about using FSX for pilot training, and some of the early flights
    they have you do don’t require filing one.

    When I last used FSX, I think we were restricted to flying IFR,
    but that seems no longer to be the case. I miss a lot of the
    scenery, of course, but free flight sounds appealing.

    How do you tend to deal with this?
    Thanks,
    Zack.Blind and Visually impaired Pilots mailinglist
    //www.freelists.org/list/bvipilots
    <//www.freelists.org/list/bvipilots>
    bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To unsubscribe, send a message to
    bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and put the word
    unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
    For other options such as digest, send a message to
    bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and put the word help in
    the subject of your message.