[bvipilots] Re: Asking Robert a question of curiousity.

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 15:02:55 -0700

Hi,

REGARDING: How many flights are listed on the bvi IYP fl schedule at any
one time?

The addition of IYP-VA flights is a very complex issue involving the
matching up of  arrivals and departures times with reasonable lay-over
times for passengers, fuel and payload determinations, reserve fuel for
go-arounds and/or nearest alternate airports. determining fuel consumption
based upon nominal prevailing winds with east-west vs. west-east flights,
preferred top-of-climb altitudes and a myriad of other criteria. In
essence, it takes many hours to create a single flight.

Over the past year, Mike Sabine (Pilot # 11339), and to a far lesser degree
myself, have created, flown, tested and documented over 275 flights that
take place all of the globe. The flights that are available at any given
time varies based upon the time of day.

REGARDING: any chance of adding more and more flights in the United States
at all possible?

At the present time, Mike is taking a well-deserved breather. I hope he and
I will get some free time in the near future to add some additional US
flights.

Regards,

Robert