[bvipilots] Re: A question for Robert.

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:08:29 -0700

Hello Ron,

Noel is correct.

You will note that in North America (Canada, USA and Mexico), the altimeter
is expressed inches of mercury. In all other countries, it is expressed in
millibars.

Converting the temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit is relatively easy:

Multiply C by 9, divide by 5, then add 32

If you're not concerned with being really accurate, simply:

Multiply C by 2, then add 30.

Robert