[burt-all] Re: Need Input. Was:Meeting

  • From: Greg Thanavaro <glthanav@xxxxxx>
  • To: burt-all@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 11:54:08 -0400

*I agree, our attempts to accomplish stuff should be a bit more organized. I think that meeting on Fridays with everyone is a good idea, because it is a convenient time slot for many people and there is no pressure of getting work done for the next day. We should def. make a list of things that need to be done and send it to everyone so that we can get people workin on things. At the moment I'm workin on designs for the smaller rocket that was proposed last week. *

johnio@xxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
Just thought I would add something I was just talking to James about that I would like everybody’s input about.

We have been more effective after realizing we can't do everything in the once-a-week-meeting, and instead deciding to also meeting up on Fridays in a less formal setting and when machine shop people are available etc.

However, we have not been that effective at dispersing tasks. It is hard to work at something in a big group. I don’t think individual tasks would work most of the time since it not too fun to work alone, and sometimes it can be a lot. But, I do think we could get a heck of a lot more done if we split up a little bit.

I don’t like to assign people stuff. Maybe after we agree about what needs to be done, people could volunteer to take a lead on certain aspects. For small tasks maybe only one person tries to work on it. But on larger tasks maybe 2-3 people say they will try to work on it.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for the long email. John

Quoting nd2009@xxxxxx:

Hey guys (and gals), John will be out this week so I thought we should meet in the SAO office at 7 pm on Wednesday to get some stuff done and talk about next year. We can also start typing up the proposal and the goals of the team.

-Nick

BU Rocket Team Mailing List
Homepage: http://burt.schtuff.com/

Freelists.org Faq: //www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq