[burt-all] Need Input. Was:Meeting

  • From: johnio@xxxxxx
  • To: burt-all@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 22:31:53 -0400

Hi,
Just thought I would add something I was just talking to James about
that I would like everybody?s input about.

We have been more effective after realizing we can't do everything in
the once-a-week-meeting, and instead deciding to also meeting up on
Fridays in a less formal setting and when machine shop people are
available etc.

However, we have not been that effective at dispersing tasks. It is
hard to work at something in a big group. I don?t think individual
tasks would work most of the time since it not too fun to work alone,
and sometimes it can be a lot. But, I do think we could get a heck of a
lot more done if we split up a little bit.

I don?t like to assign people stuff. Maybe after we agree about what
needs to be done, people could volunteer to take a lead on certain
aspects. For small tasks maybe only one person tries to work on it. But
on larger tasks maybe 2-3 people say they will try to work on it.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for the long email. John

Quoting nd2009@xxxxxx:

Hey guys (and gals), John will be out this week so I thought we
should meet in the SAO office at 7 pm on Wednesday to get some stuff
done and talk about next year. We can also start typing up the
proposal and the goals of the team.

-Nick

BU Rocket Team Mailing List
Homepage: http://burt.schtuff.com/

To unsubscribe from this list: send an email to
burt-all-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe in the Subject.
Freelists.org Faq: //www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq