[burpg] Update

  • From: Armor Harris <armorharris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 21:58:44 -0500

Hi Everyone,

We've had a pretty good week so far...the repairs to the tank in SIF are
going really well. However, our new lab space won't be ready for us to move
in this week because the machinists haven't cleaned it out yet.

We decided to swap out the much maligned pressure transducers for a new set
that have integrated leads. When they get here, Drew and I will hydrotest
the tank again (hopefully for the final time) before Friday.

The plan over the next two weeks is as follows:

*Monday 1/27, 8pm wind tunnel lab*: Focus on forward section interior
layout (av bay, nose cone, recovery system), fins, and trajectory.
Electronics to make sure that they're ready to go.

*Friday 1/31:*
*Noon:* Start setting up for dress rehearsal, build rocket/test stand
assembly

*2:30pm to 5pm:* ME Open House (Push the test stand/rocket assembly down to
Photonics for display while we talk about the cool stuff we do)

*5pm:* Cold flow dress rehearsal in the wind tunnel lab (formerly known as
dry run). At this test, we will set everything up in the lab and do
everything except open the propellant valves. All mechanical connections
and all electrical connections must be made. We're just going to leave it
set up and take it to Sudbury on Sunday.

*Saturday 2/1: *Reserved to fix any problems that arise during dress
rehearsal, alternate day to cold flow if the weather is bad on Sunday.

*Sunday 2/2: *Cold flow test in Sudbury, move equipment into new lab space
when we return

*Monday 2/3 at 8pm: *Cold flow data review; continue moving equipment into
new lab space and setting up shop

*Wednesday 2/5: *Cast first two segments of Fuel Grain 1.

Best,
Armor