[burpg] Re: Email Template

  • From: Samantha Cohen <sacohen@xxxxxx>
  • To: BURPG <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 22:26:16 -0500

An alternative e-mail to companies/family + friends (this is wayy less
personal, so I'm not sure if you want to use this)/media sources/etc.

-----------------

Hi,

I am contacting you on the behalf of Boston University's Rocket Propulsion
Group, one of the most advanced amateur rocketry groups in the
world, regarding our attempt to break four world records this upcoming
summer with our launch of our Starscraper Mission.

This evening, we launched our Starscraper Kickstarter
<https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/burpg> to help us get the Starscraper
into space.

In Summer 2015, we will make history with our launch of the Mk.V carried by
our Starscraper launch vehicle.  Starscraper is an educational breakthrough
both at the professional and at the student level.  In terms of
rocket/space technology we're revolutionizing the industry.  Starscraper
uses a relatively underdeveloped type of rocket technology called a hybrid
motor.  These motors use a combination of solid fuel and liquid oxidizer
which produces less thrust at a greater efficiency than a solid rocket,
which essentially means that these motors burn smoothly for a really long
time.

What we're doing has never been done before. At Boston University, we're
going to be the first school to launch a real rocket into space while
setting world records. We're not competing with other schools or student
groups, we're competing with organizations such as the Copenhagen
Suborbitals. As for students, we're trying to move engineering programs to
more hands on learning. A lot of engineering students come out of amazing
programs with little to no experience doing anything. Our engineers have
experience manufacturing and launching rockets.

We're offering some really awesome rewards for our backers including a
Starscraper-to-scale model kit, a 3-D printed model of Starscraper, and a
invitation to join us in our viewing gallery at the Starscraper launch in
Black Rock Desert. Plus, all of our backers will have the satisfaction of
helping us revolutionize the aerospace industry and setting the bar higher
for other aerospace companies such as NASA, SpaceX, etc.

Any type of help is greatly appreciated whether you are able to contribute
to our Kickstarter <https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/burpg> or just
help us by spreading our mission by word-of-mouth.

Please feel free to share this e-mail with any family, friends, or
co-workers. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
[NAME]

--
Samantha Cohen
Department of Political Science and International Relations