[burpg] Email Template

  • From: Joseph Beaupre <joebeau@xxxxxx>
  • To: burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 20:42:12 -0500

Hey hey hey,

When Kickstarter goes live tonight, we want everyone to use this email
template to cold-contact *media outlets, companies, and people*.
Kickstarter relies on awareness of the campaign, so its up to all of us to
spread the message. Along with contacting strangers, write your own
personal emails to friends and families, telling them to spread the word
and donate if they can. You can use this email as inspiration for that.

The goal is to have every person on the team contact as many people as
possible. 20 is a good goal, but more is always better.
When you contact someone/something put it in the google sheet below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fa6Implkt3XxZdR_UiIP_XwkzKS-SQDzDE0rr88zwBc/edit?usp=sharing

TEMPLATE:

[Dear _______] or [To Whom it May Concern],

Boston University Rocket Propulsion Group, one of the most advanced amateur
rocketry groups in the world, needs your help. Our current mission is
Starscraper, a suborbital hybrid rocket that when launched will break more
than five world records. We have a Kickstarter campaign [<-INSERT LINK] to
help complete our funding and get Starscraper to space. Not only do we have
some awesome rewards for our backers, but anyone who helps us will have the
satisfaction of knowing they are helping to revolutionize the aerospace
industry and redefining what is expected from amateur groups.
Anything you can do is appreciated! So donate, share, and spread the word!

Thanks for your help!

-[YOUR NAME]
[KICKSTARTER LINK]
burocket.org
https://www.facebook.com/BURocketPropulsionGroup
@BURPG

Joseph M. Beaupre
Boston University
Electrical Engineering 2017
BU Rocket Propulsion Group Electronics Engineer