[bulug] Re: Installfest for Hardy Heron?

  • From: Ryan Mullen <rmullen@xxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:58:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

This would take place this upcoming Thursday - is anyone interested? I'd be able to attend, and we could all chip in for pizza if we plan on eating there. Let me know ASAP and I'll see if I can book a location that's as central as possible so that you guys don't have to lug (heh) your machines too far. So, any takers? Thursday, at our usual time - 7PM till whenever.

Ryan

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, phil kurs wrote:

I realize that this is late planning wise, but I don't think the install
party has to be a huge production. I was thinking that if enough people are
interested we get a room, order some pizza and do some installing.

Phil

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:38 PM, Ryan Mullen <rmullen@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

Phil suggested that we plan an installfest/party for the release date of
Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyReleaseSchedule),
which hits Final Release on 24 April. This might be sort of "short notice."

I'm certainly willing to do something like this. It's a little late in the
game to do a lot of publicizing, so we'll have to see if we can get
creative. I've never been to an install party before, so can anyone weigh in
on what sort of stuff goes down? What kinds of hardware and networking do we
need? What do we do for backups?

Also, a reminder: Tomorrow, Thursday, there is a Filesharing Forum/Q&A
with representatives from the RIAA. This is occurring in the CGS Jacob
Sleeper Auditorium from 5:30-7:00PM.

Hope all's well,
Ryan
_________