[BUG Eyes] All Triton ATMs Now Have Audio Capability as Standard Feature

  • From: "Michael Leone" <mgleone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BUG Eyes" <bugeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:40:12 -0400

The following was posted to BUG Eyes -- the Blind User Group for blind and low
vision computer users in the MD area:

Triton is the leading manufacturer of ATM's for non-bank locations, such as
retail stores.  Additionally, an increasing number of credit unions and
small banks use Triton machines.

The Triton 9100 featured in the press release below with talking ATM
capability built in at no additional charge is one of the least expensive
ATM machines that a deployer can purchase with a price tag of under $3,000.
This makes the argument advanced by some ATM owners that delivering audio
functionality for people with disabilities an increasingly difficult one to
sustain.

    All Triton ATMs Now Have Audio Capability as Standard Feature

    PR Newswire

    All Triton ATMs Now Have Audio Capability as Standard Feature

ATMs utilize leading edge text-to-speech synthesis technology

    LONG BEACH, Miss., Oct. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- All our ATMs are talking!
Triton, leading manufacturer of automated teller machines (ATMs) in North
America, announces that, beginning this week, the Triton 9100 Monochrome ATM
is equipped with audio-guided transaction support. Now all Triton models for
the U.S. market include audio capability as a standard feature at no
additional cost. "Our distributors asked for this feature and we answered
the request by including it on the lowest cost ATM we offer," said Triton
President Brian Kett. "All Triton ATMs utilize leading edge text-to-speech
synthesis technology. We chose it over .WAV files technology to provide the
most flexibility and lowest ongoing cost for Triton distributors." Developed
in consultation with members of the disabled community and compliant with
the proposed changes to the existing ADA regulations, the Triton ATMs
feature an audio port for the visually impaired and perform private audio
transactions. The visually impaired consumer uses headphones connected to
the ATM through the audio port to step through private ATM transactions. No
changes will be required of any currently certified Triton processor to
support audio-guided transactions. "Transactions through ATMs have become a
standard way of life in the U.S. and all Americans must have access to this
service," Kett said. "We are pleased to offer speech capability on all our
models, making it easy and convenient to perform audio transactions. We will
continue to meet and exceed the needs of our distributors." Working to meet
the industry needs of distributors such as Cardtronics of Houston, Texas,
Triton developed a plan to incorporate the voice-guided technology into the
9100 monochrome units without increasing the price of the unit to
distributors. "Our partnership with Triton is a great example of how two
companies can work together to provide ATM solutions tailored to the
market," said Brian Archer, executive vice president of Cardtronics. "Our
company's focus is to provide outstanding products and services to our ATM
customers."

    About Triton Triton is the largest provider of off-premise ATMs and ATM
management software in North America and has more than 100,000 installations
in over 17 countries worldwide. With a complete line of products for
financial institutions and retail locations, Triton is committed to
redefining and leading the market for cash delivery systems. Triton is
headquartered in Long Beach, Miss., and is an operating company of Dover
Industries, Inc., a subsidiary of Dover Corporation. For more information
about Triton, please visit
http://www.tritonatm.com
or call 228-868-1317 (U.S. toll free 1-800-367-7191).

    SOURCE Triton Web Site:
http://www.tritonatm.com