[bsg] Red River Refuge/Yates Tract, Red River Parish

  • From: jftrahan <jftrahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BirdAlert <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 20:30:37 +0000 (UTC)

Charlie Lyon and I birded the Yates Tract of the Red River Refuge in Red River
Parish yesterday (Wednesday).   We birded the barn pond, the levee leading to
the moist soil impoundment, and the entire moist soil impoundment.   We saw a
total of 57 species the most unusual of which was a Willet in unit one.   We
also listed two Semipalmated Plovers, four Semipalmated Sandpipers, two Western
Sandpipers, one Baird's Sandpiper, and nine Sora.  You can see the entire list
at

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=3DS25067917

Jeff Trahan