[bsg] GLAUCOUS GULL

  • From: Charles Lyon <lyon5516@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Labird <labird-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 23:03:24 -0600

BIRD STUDY GROUP
LA-birders,

I had a few minutes before sunset today 1-6-15 to scope Cross Lake from the
Shreveport Yacht Club pier (private access), and found a first cycle
Glaucous Gull. There was a report of one from visiting birder about 10 days
ago, so I suspect it is the same bird. I have some not
great but identifiable photos using my iPhone through my spotting scope at a
distance of .6 to .7 miles as per running maps. I didn’t
have my cameras with me as it was an impromptu trip…(usually a better chance to
find something decent if you don’t have your camera.)
The finding literally pales to finding Brown Bobbies on Lake Pontchartrain. If
any locals are interested, let me know, and I may go again
tomorrow evening. The high is 40 with 13mph NE winds tomorrow, so I probably
won’t go out in the boat.

Charlie Lyon
Shreveport,LA